simple – profitable – sustainable
Green energy can create you more diversified portfolios – The oil of the future
At us low volatility and no green washing
Australia, USA, Spain, Japan, Brazil, Germany, Switzerland, etc.
Green Energy – Biofuel with recycling waste – Clean Tech
The growing importance of renewable energy in alternative investments like green bonds demands a competence in this infrastructure area. For example solar plants in the desert of Morocco, solar plants in China (BBC TV) or algae plantations in the sea, as long-term third-generation biofuel, could support energy needs and reduce CO2 in the coming future (study „Negative carbon via ocean afforestation“, Uni Florida, 2012).
Additionally short-term clean energy converting global environmental problem of waste to renewable energy (WTE) from biofuel, like recycling used cooking oil, has an enormous potential especially in countries with poor public infrastructure.
An above average reduction of up to 86% in greenhouse gases has been determined for biofuel made from waste fats (study RFS2, EPA, 2010).
Green Energy – Biofuel from used cooking oil
Basically with vetegable biofuel from used cooking oil, diesel engines are able to run without modifications. As with various trucks, buses, ships or generators in daily use switchable as well.
This kind of vegetable biofuel can have very advanced lubrication level unlike traditional fossil fuel. Thus better engine performance, extending engine life, reducing costs and sustainable less dirty emissions.
“This metal will be the new Gold” – Elon Musk Chief of TESLA (2020)
- The more of the Battery Metal component Nickel, the higher the energy storage resp. density of batteries for E-vehicles, but also advantage for E-devices and even wind parks and solar parks.
- Smaller and lighter
- Better charging and longer useable
- More distances and less costs
- Worldwide Biggest battery factory in construction by TESLA in Germany
- “Battery Day 2020”, TESLA confirms Nickel as preferred choice
- Supported by “EU Battery Innovation” program (January 2021)
- New battery technologies planned for mass market
Battery Metals and Gold as strategic commodities (rankings 2019)
- World’s biggest Nickel reserves and by 2030 production of more than estimated 25% globally. Among highest base metal demand growth.
- 2nd biggest Cobalt reserves (after Congo), 3rd largest production.
- 2nd biggest Lithium reserves (after Chile). World’s largest production.
- 3rd biggest Silver reserves (after Peru, Poland), 4th in production.
- World’s biggest Zinc reserves, 3rd largest production (after China, Peru).
- World’s biggest Gold reserves and 2rd largest production (after China).
Wind Park Portfolios – Green Energy as seasonal diversification
- Global average wind produced ~17% more energy in 2017 than in 2010. Wind speeds predicted 37% more by 2024 (Source Princeton University).
- With around half a million wind power plants worldwide, the technology is well matured and scalable.
- Wind power plants produce the most electricity during the winter months. An ideal seasonal diversification of solar plants.
- About 99% of the land area for wind parks can continue to be used as for agriculture or solar plants (hybrid plants)
Solar Project or Solar Park Portfolios – Green Energy as “Growth” or “Income” investment
- Stable returns with long-term power purchase agreements (PPA)
- Numerous references as banks and asset manager
- Reduction of volatility in a traditional investment portfolio
- Optimal contract conditions with reporting – No “Green washing”
- At excellent solar zones, lendable objects for investments
- 1 MW – 1200 MW Sizes available – Splittable for investors
Land securable, Development, Ready-to-Build (RTB) or Turn-Key
Solar Park with hydrogen technology future
Overproduction of electricity from solar plants can be used to split water into oxygen and hydrogen. This recovered hydrogen with a multiple density than gasoline goes then in mobile fuel cells from trucks, buses, cars, trains, ships, buildings or electrical devices to convert back to electricity (practical form of reverse electrolysis). With this hydrogen technology as ideal clean energy storage buffer in the alternative value chain, power grids can be sustainably relieved.
The so-called “solar paint”, with 3 already existing innovative basic types, but so far inefficient, expensive and not scalable, could then be in the future complementable for end users anywhere.
Solar Park with GRID PARITY BOOM
Solar and wind energy production expected to increase by the factor 60 for solar plants resp. 13 for wind parks from 2015 to 2050. A Global Grid Parity as enormous potential turning point can be reached towards around 2030.
And there is already existing in more than 30 countries a local Grid Parity (Source: McKinsey, Our Insights, Global Energy Perspective 2019).
Even with a relatively small investment, the investment requirement for green bonds can be diversified individually according to different asset classes, regions, access routes and project pipeline – energy supply, water and sewage systems, communication, transport and traffic, education and health.
This can results in various long-term above-average return opportunities for the investor as possible as passive income.
Green Energy as Impact Investment – The better Green Bonds
- Individual or standard solution by preference – Scalable
- As diversification with low correlation to traditional „financial assets“
- Inelastic demand for basic supply – predictable revenue cash flows
- Ideally a diversified portfolio of direct and indirect investments mainly in the public area of infrastructure (with inflation protection)
- Preferably in industrialised countries with investment grade or safe advanced refinancing techniques like – “pay-as-you-go”